MediaMate is searching for a personable, hands-on Account Manager to join a small company. The Account Manager will focus on servicing our partnering college newspapers and their websites, while assisting in finding new partners. Account Managers have the pleasure of working with a variety of unique papers and their student staffs, advisers, and administrators. Candidates should have a passion for student media and a track record of satisfying customers and achieving sales quotas. We pride ourselves on having long-term relationships with customers and fun working together as a team!
This position is full-time and compensated with a base salary and commission. Base salary is targeted 90% of total compensation and commission is 10%. Candidates should expect to travel 5-10% of the time to visit accounts. MediaMate offers health and dental coverage, vacation, sick, and personal days, flexible work schedules, and a lot of fun company activities and get-togethers. Our corporate headquarters are conveniently located at the Brickstone Square office complex in Andover, MA. Brickstone Square features an onsite cafeteria, fitness center, daycare, and 24/7 security.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain regular, friendly communication with students and administrators at partnering newspapers
• Coordinate with newspapers and MediaMate’s staff to answer questions about advertisements, deadlines, and payments
• Educate newspapers staffs about the importance of advertising and ensure ads run as scheduled and tear-sheets are sent to MediaMate
• Keep up-to-date with college media trends to discuss with accounts
• Travel to visit select accounts and potential accounts (5-10% of the time)
• Uncover growth opportunities at existing newspaper accounts to sell additional, mutually beneficial services
• Re-sign any expiring contracts
• Expand your account portfolio by signing new newspapers to join MediaMate
• Achieve customer satisfaction ratings goals
• Participate in other tasks or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Competencies
• Relationship management
• Friendly and personable
• Effective questioning and listening skills
• Tailors communication and delivery by customer
• Creative and resourceful
• Customer needs assessment
• Proactive and persuasive
• Past, proven success of achieving sales quotas
• Driven by team success
• Technologically savvy
• Proficient in CRM software and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
• Proficient with mac computers, email, and digital file organization and downloads
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Founded in 2005, MediaMate specializes in outsourced media management services for collegiate events and newspapers. We pride ourselves on being the Trusted Advertising Partner of our clients and meeting and exceeding customer expectations.