MediaMate is searching for an energetic, competitive Advertising Manager to join a small company. The Advertising Manager will take on the fun challenge of achieving sales goals by booking advertising for our collegiate newspaper partners. This is a hands-on position where candidates will manage and process their own advertising orders by working internally with the MediaMate team. Candidates should have 1-2 years of experience and a proven track record of multi-tasking, satisfying customers, and achieving quotas. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with customers and we have fun working as a team in a fast-paced environment! This is an inside position where candidates communicate with customers via phone and email from our office.
This position is full-time and compensated with a base salary (85-90% of total compensation) and commission (10-15% of total compensation). MediaMate offers health and dental coverage, unlimited vacation, sick, and personal days, flexible work schedules, and a lot of fun company activities and get-togethers. Our corporate headquarters are conveniently located at the Brickstone Square office complex in Andover, MA. Brickstone Square features an onsite cafeteria, fitness center, daycare, and 24/7 security.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly bookings and special issue goals.
- Identify and communicate with decision makers. Perform needs analysis and make appropriate campaign recommendations.
- Reply to incoming inquiries from advertisers and qualify leads.
- Construct proposals using media kits, excel, and powerpoint.
- Close advertising orders and obtain insertion orders and payment.
- Manage a sales pipeline and present forecast to management.
- Grow existing accounts by offering additional media and services to customers.
- Build and nurture friendly, trusted relationships with customers.
- Achieve customer satisfaction ratings goals.
- Enter advertising orders into custom order management software.
- Collect artwork by deadline.
- Electronically deliver completed advertising orders by issue to newspaper customers.
- Communicate any problems to advertisers and reschedule ads as needed.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure campaigns run successfully
Required Skills and Competencies
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to process high volume of work quickly
- Manages stress well in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship management
- Friendly and personable
- Tailors communication and delivery by customer
- Past, proven success of achieving sales quotas
- Customer needs assessment
- Creative and resourceful
- Proactive and persuasive
- Driven by team success
- Technologically savvy
- Proficient in CRM software and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient with Mac computers, email, and digital file organization and downloads
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Founded in 2005, MediaMate specializes in outsourced media management services for collegiate events and newspapers. We pride ourselves on being the Trusted Advertising Partner of our clients and meeting and exceeding customer expectations.