Advertising Account Executive
MediaMate is searching for an energetic Account Executive to join a small company. The Account Executive will sell digital, social media, and print advertising for our collegiate media partners. This is a hands-on position where candidates will manage their own advertising campaigns. Candidates should have 1-2 years of experience and a proven track record of multi-tasking, satisfying customers, and achieving quotas. This is primarily an inside sales position where candidates communicate with customers via phone and email from our office, although some travel (5-10%) will be required.
We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with customers and we have fun working as a team in a fast-paced environment!
This position is full-time and compensated with a base salary (85-90% of total compensation) and commission (10-15% of total compensation). Total compensation package between $40,000-$50,000, dependent on experience. MediaMate offers health and dental coverage, unlimited vacation, sick, and personal days, flexible work schedules, paid onsite gym membership, and a lot of fun company activities. Our corporate headquarters are conveniently located at the Andover Place office complex in Andover, MA. Andover Place features an onsite cafeteria, fitness center, daycare, and 24/7 security.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Achieve monthly bookings goals by selling digital, social media, and print ad packages.
- Identify and communicate with decision makers. Perform needs analysis and
- make appropriate campaign recommendations.
- Reply to incoming inquiries from advertisers and qualify leads.
- Construct proposals using media kits, excel, and powerpoint.
- Close advertising orders and obtain insertion orders and payment.
- Manage a sales pipeline and present forecast to management.
- Grow existing accounts by offering additional media and services to customers.
- Build and nurture friendly, trusted relationships with customers.
- Achieve customer satisfaction ratings goals.
- Enter advertising orders into custom order management software.
- Collect artwork by deadline.
- Electronically deliver completed advertising orders by issue to newspaper customers.
- Communicate any problems to advertisers and reschedule ads as needed.
- Work with Account Managers to ensure campaigns run successfully.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Past, proven success of achieving sales quotas in a professional office environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Customer needs assessment
- Creative and resourceful
- Proactive and persuasive
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- Professional phone demeanor
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to process high volume of work quickly
- Manages stress well in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship management
- Friendly and personable
- Tailors communication and delivery by customer
- Driven by team success
- Technologically savvy
- Proficient in CRM software and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Proficient with Mac computers, email, and digital file organization and downloads
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Company Description: Founded in 2006, MediaMate is Your Leader in College Marketing.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Full-time, professional sales: 1 year